OUR WORK HERE
After standing empty for over 20 years, the Grade II* former Royal Insurance Building, in the heart of Liverpool, was converted to the luxury Aloft Hotel.
This fascinating building, dating from 1903 has a granite and Portland stone façade that conceals a steel structure, possibly the first of its kind to be built in Britain.
Stone Edge was brought in to carry out a major package of specialist restoration and conservation works. The scheme covered every possible type of conservation repair.
- External nebulous water cleaning of the Portland stone facade
- Repair/overhaul of cast iron and wrought iron
- Restoration of heritage rainwater goods
- Restoration and gold leaf of façade sundial
- Restoration of internal faience and granite surfaces
- Steel frame repair
- Repair and replacement of timber sash windows
- Stained glass conservation
Falconer Chester Hall
Liverpool City Centre