Saint Mary’s Church, Oxenhope, West Yorkshire
OUR WORK HERE
This pretty Norman style church is Grade II listed.
Stone Edge undertook the restoration of the tower walls. The works involved removal of all cement strap pointing, repointing the internal and external tower walls, lime plaster to internal walls and re grout the west wall using a pressure grout system, including the consolidation of an unused original flue.
The works were carried out using methods and materials in keeping with the heritage of the building. Stone Edge also carried out gilding redecoration to the two clock faces and repair works to the cast iron rainwater downpipes and lead works.
- Re-pointing of external walls of tower
- Repointing internal walls of belfry, clock chamber, ringing chamber and bass chamber
- Alterations to chute outlets from tower gutters
- Decoration of rainwater goods
- Replacement of window protection with new stainless steel guards
- Lime plastering of walls
- Lime grouting of wall core
St Mary’s Church
Oxenhope, West Yorkshire